Which TV aerial coax?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm splitting my tv aerial to feed the loft conversion as well as downstairs. I pulled out some coax I had and although is in good condition is rather thin 3c-2v. I've discovered there is also 5c-2v available. Is there something better I could use with the standard PAL connectors? Don't really want to use F connectors for this. The runs aren't massively long but mostly exterior.

Sponsored Links
Buy Webro Webro WF100. For the amount you'll need it won't cost a lot, but it'll give you a stronger signal at the TV and it'll last 3/4/5 years longer too, so the extra few pennies you spent per metre won't have been wasted.

Not sure exactly what you mean by PAL connectors, but I'm guessing you probably mean standard aerial plugs (Belling connectors). If so, then they'll fit on this just fine.

3C 2V is a far Eastern cable designation. It is double screened but has more loss than other cables. It is OK for strong signal areas or short runs. As Lucid says WF100 is the preferred cable.

Lucid PAL connectors is what Americans (incorrectly) call Belling Lee plugs.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back