Which type of 2 port valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a system with 2 nos 2 port valves.

The actuator heads are Sunvic, motor open and motor closed 5 wire type, rather than actuators that use a spring in one direction (presumably to close) and I guess only have 3 wires.

Does anyone have any preference from experience for one type over the other and if so which make is thought to be most reliable?

The reason I ak is that I am contemplating the use of a Vaillant Control Centre VR 65 when I upgrade my Boiler later in the year and looking at their install details and having spoken to their Tech people the VR65 doesn't support the 5 wire valve, so I'll either have to change the actuators and valves or the controls manufacturer.

Sponsored Links
You seem to have done the research and found the answer from manufacturer. GO for the three wire ;)

I may do that but was looking for some feedback on experience and relaibility of the different makes.

Sponsored Links
I only ever use Danfoss or Honeywell valves.

The VR65 control center only uses the synchron motor live & neutral. The EBUS system takes care of the rest so the microswitch is redundant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back