Which type of oil boiler to work with underfloor heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have built a workshop which I am going to heat with underfloor heating. We live rural so oil is our current fuel for heating. I want to get a boiler just to heat the workshop as it is a fair distant from the house so I can’t use the house hot water. Which type of boiler is suitable? Could someone explain if a “heat only” boiler will work, or a system boiler? I am a little confused as to which boiler needs a water tank and which doesn’t. I would prefer to have no water tank. Is it possible to have a hot water feed for a sink from this boiler?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If you want it to run a tap you'll need a combi, but that'll add over £1000 to the price, which is rather a lot for one tap. Better off to get an electric water heater and a heat only boiler. Look at Hounsfield for great quality at a reasonable price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back