Which underfloor heating option is best out of these 2?

You will need insulation under the pipes unless you want to heat the ground. Is the matting of Nu-Heat LoPro Max insulation of some sort?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
This particular thread has plenty of comments regarding what not to buy but not much by way of what we should be buying.
Lenny, yep, no mention of what to use but lots of negatives. The norm on these forums.

Sponsored Links
I did, seeing your were not much help. Shame on you Dannyboy. Shame. Also BES call it a Meter Control Cock. That would be an MCC wouldn't it.
https://www.bes.co.uk/meter-control-cock-1-6277
Another acronym for you to say in front of people to make out you know some secret art.

Last edited:
Where is maintap used in any document, and who cares what BES call it?

You are a card. Trying to invent names for things, then bring rude to those using the correct name.

Keep up the good work.

Dannyboy for over 100 years it was always a maintap. As you have only been doing this stuff, mainly not gas or metering for sure, for a few years, you would not know this. This terminology appears to disturb you. Did you miss sleep last night because of this? Now we have ECV and MCC. Any advances? I prefer maintap as it is specific, self explanatory, and a real name.

Hello UFH people. I too am about to install a wet system.

25mm 8:1 screed over celotex between joists.

I haven’t had time to research various brands of pump/manifold yet but in the mean time I need to get the pipe work in so the floor can go down.

What pipe should I be getting to give me best compatibility for when I get the other bits? I thought I was looking for 15mm but an earlier post by wcavanagh said he was using 16mm.

Any help much appreciated.

I prefer maintap as it is specific

Specific to what? Water, Spinal Fluid, Tree Sap, or just your vivid imagination whilst sitting alone at home scratching yourself through your Y fronts?

No one that deals with gas calls it a maintap, and you can't produce any evidence to the contrary - hence your continual deflection.

Any actual documents? You know the ones that DEFINE what something is called. Rather than your housing association that has to deal with muppets like you all the way up to people of normal intelligence.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back