Which Underlay/Vapour Barrier for Luxury Vinyl

Sponsored Links
It appears to be dry.

However I have just moved into the building and the weather has been quite good so i cannot say for certain whether there is any issue with damp

I wanted the vapour barrier/underlay to be on the safe side in terms of moisture.. And also the underlay would help soften the floor asnit is concrete

You don’t want to soften the floor with a vinyl click as it will weaken the joints. It should be 1-1.5mm on vinyl click floors.

You could put a liquid dpm on the concrete if moisture worries.

Sponsored Links
You don’t want to soften the floor with a vinyl click as it will weaken the joints. It should be 1-1.5mm on vinyl click floors.

You could put a liquid dpm on the concrete if moisture worries.
Okay. So it is best to avoid the underlay/vapour barrier as the vinyl could weaken the vinyl joints

I will check if there is any moisture in the concrete, if not I will lay the vinyl directly on top of the floor

Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back