Which valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just need someone to run it by me to fill pressure in glow worm betacom24c.
Already as filling pipe fixed on one tap is blue and the other is red.now I gather the blues the cold water supply but I've tried to do the pressure but notes happening.do I need to turn the valve with a screw driver first.???
Thanks and hurry pls with a replay

Sponsored Links
Not over familiar with this boiler, but I suspect the blue valve is your water inlet valve and should be in the open/on position all the time, whilst boiler is in use.
Is there a braided silver flexible pipe beneath the boiler and is it connected? If so they should be two valves, normally black, they both require to be turned to the open position to fill, then back to the closed when correct pressure is reached. You may require to bleed air from radiators and re-pressurise until the system is clear of air.

Hi yah the flexible pipe is already fixed up to the blue and red valves.
This is what's confusing me cause there usely black.I have turned the red then the blue but no sound of water pressure feeding through.I've done this procedure many times
But not on this certain boiler.
It's definitely these two valves that's fixed up to the flexy pipe I need to use for the pressure.?
Do you think I need to open the valves with a screw driver,just I've watched a demonstration them doing this ,I no there's different models but it usely the same procedure..

14515995937431717536044.jpg

Sponsored Links
As well as what you have done, the screw heads on the braided pipe connection also need to be turned to in-line with the pipe. Then, with the blue and red valves as they are in the picture, the water should flow.

Take it up to about 1 bar, then close off all connections. Job done.

Good luck.

Yep. That's your filling loop, I suppose the ballofix's (slotted heads) are to prevent unintended over pressurising by someone "fiddling" which makes some sense, unless you're freezing cold and in your Jim jams and don't have a screwdriver in ur pocket :cautious:
The caps dangling down either side are supposed to go on the pipes when the braided hose is removed... How many antitamper devices does one need!!;)

Also, keep an eye on that pressure... It shouldn't be dropping regularly. If it is, there's another problem at work!

Ok am I turning boiler off by the mains yah .?
And do I need to turn the red blue taps first before I unscrew the
Filling pipe slotted heads.:confused:
And..Haha the red needs to turn first,and fill pressure with blue(cold water)
That in my language for a woman to understand:p please confirm...!!!
Cheers

Don't touch the red or blue handles, they are nothing to do with the filling loop. As above, turn both slotted bits on the filling loop with a screwdriver so they are in line with the braided hose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back