Which Wallpaper Paste...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

just got some very expensive wallpaper from cole and son that i am looking to hang at the weekend..however i have no idea what paste to use..

cole and son say i should say "We recommend using a traditional style, starch based, ready mixed tub paste for all wallcoverings.
# PVA or PVC type adhesives are not suitable for our wallpaper as they may cause surface staining or adhesion problems. "

this means using there own paster which costs a load...

anyone got any other ideas of products i can use????

Sponsored Links
I have used solvite for practically everything and had no probs at all. Just another exscuse to buy their paste at ridiculous cost. :evil:

Yep, agree with Robbie, it's just a con to get you to buy their own expensive products.

Roughcaster.

They give you a box the size of a match box and say it will do 12 rolls. Yeah right !! :evil:

Sponsored Links
As they dont recommend PVA based ones (never neard of PVC paste) then id suggest using LAP paste..it went out of fashion for a long time when vinyls came in because it didnt contain a fungicide, but the new stuff now does..IMO it sticks far better than solvite or polycell..allthough it is a bit of a pig to mix.

But..dont take this the wrong way..if you can afford expensive paper then you should be able to afford expensive paste...

You know the funny thing about all these so called expensive papers..they all cost less than two quid a roll to produce..I once did a job for a woman who worked for the designers guild company, she bough some paper which back in 1985 cost nearly 30 quid a roll...they let her have it at cost price

50p!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back