which worcester boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our old boiler has packed up and it is so old, we can't get the part to fix, so are going to change to a new system. If we change to combi system, plumber has reccomended 25 si (he is worcester installer). This seems to be a good make of boiler, but am concerned that this is ok for our needs as some information says this is appropriate for flats. We live in 2 bed terraced with 6 radiators. Currently only two occupants, but may have a child in near future. Would this boiler be ok for our needs? Also don't totally understand what the lower flow rate ect would mean in practical terms. Can anyone advise?

Sponsored Links
the id number, 25si, is basically the heat into water so the bigger the boiler the quicker it will fill the bath, providing the water coming in from the main is ok.

Firstly I would never fit a Worcester, especially the cheaper of their range. Secondly I would never fit less than a 28Kw combi for anyone who uses a bath regularly.

Get a small Worcester boiler like a 25kw (system boiler)Camray and couple it to a small unvented hot water tank, like a Mega Flo.
We live in a world where the lay person thinks a combi is the only option!
You will get a very nice delivery of hot water for a bath or mixer shower.

Or if a combi, Heatslave 18-25 kw output. I like Worcester boilers myself.

Sponsored Links
entry level boilers are never much cop, worcester sales are largely due to the incentives they offer installers such as free drills, jackets, days out etc.

their aluminium heat exchangers have a bad reputation, a stainless steel boiler is a much better bet imho.

i agree with gas4you i cant stand worcester boilers. not all there cracked up to be.and most are a pain in arse to fix.id even fit a gloworm before id fit a worcester.if its the five years your after, also look at viessmann 100w and someone who can offer this.

WORCESTER BOILERS ARE CRAP!!!
Only good thing going for that company is their marketing...
IMHO

If it was me i would fit a vaillant ecotec pro 28 kw. you will get the DHW flow rate required for a bath and their excellent boilers :)

My plumber says that the 25 SI is better for us than the 28 I and we would not notice any difference for shower or bath as it flow rate is more dependant on cold flow rate coming into the house. Not sure I totally understand this and am worried about getting a boiler that will not be powerful enough, as have read about this.

Thanks for info about valiants. I am going to try and get a quote on one of those to see how it compares.

The cdi is worth the bit extra, the installation cost is the same, so for 10% more money you get a lot more performance.

The CDi is the alternative to the Vaillant 8 series.

Both are good boilers, both have plusses and minusses. The Vaillant is quieter, the Worcester has better custoemr support. The Vaillant has a more robust and neater filling loop, the Worcester one is a bit flimsy.

At the end of the day, it is down to what matters to you most.

If your installer has measured your water supply flow rate, then i must assume his advice is based on fact, and should be heeded.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back