Worcester boilers

On the subject of merchants recommending things - I was about to get a Worcester greenstar 12 but the man at heat and plumb said that the Vokera mynute was as good but cheaper - well it is cheaper but.. does anyone know how they compare?

SP

Think you will find BG more expensive and they will recommed one of their heaps - not a good deal.

by that ya mean the Worcester greensatr is a heap? n id say valliant are better :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Secondly he did say that the 120bthu Worcester that plumber is reccomending is over spec for the mains pressure and he'd reccomend an 85-100 bthu bolier.

What a load of nonsense.

Boilers have been measured in kWs for years, the higher the power, the better the shower or the quicker the bath.
only factor is the size of your waterpipes if the boiler is very powerful, nothing to do with pressure

Sponsored Links
Worcester are very good boiler, read the literature on Worcester web site
http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/index.php?fuseaction=boiler.selector&con_id=10227

I believe your boiler is a wall mounted one and the pipe work is all there, if you replace it, it will be a direct replacement with slight modification to the existing pipe work. I am not a GORGI registered but have been involved in property development and management and I believe it will take a day to replace the boiler.

Only last week on of my friend replace his boiler from a back one that was hidden inside the chimney in the dining room to Worcester 30CDI which has been installed in the kitchen. The replacement involved a quite bit of pipe work and it took the guy two days to complete. The charges were £2000 Inclusive. I think in your case, £2000.00 is the top end.

Really ! Worcester are very good boilers ? And you would know because
You fit them, You service them & You Repair them!

Sorry but I would not consider your opinion holding much worth pal!

Stick to the building game.

Have to add my two pennys worth, while I am not a great fan of worcester boilers they are decent and their service back up is the best available, as for Ideal no I wouldnt use them regardless of how many people tell me the logic is great I will wait and see if they prove to be reliable , got caught out big time with the Izars and Icos would have a lot more respect for Ideal if they had put their hands up and admitted they had a shoite product

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back