Worcester Bosch 30 CDi System Boiler Intelligent System Pack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am looking for comments on the Intelligent System Pack. If anyone has fitted this I would like to know what they thought of it. Basically I am having a replacement bolier (Greenstar 30 CDi System Boiler) and controls fitted. I like the appeal of the optimiser (delaying the start of CH on a warm day), and the fact you don't need an electrician to meet part P. My concerns are when it goes faulty. At least with a conventional third party diverter valve, you can change them easily and they are competitive. I don't know whether Worcester would have me by the 'short and curlies when it gets to price of parts and complexity of fault finding ?

Sponsored Links
Well, don't fit it then.

In Germany, most boilers use the diverter valve for this purpose. It is the same set up as a combi, without the plate HEX.

In the UK Vaillant and Bosch sell their boilers without it, because we are not deemed ready - and they know the skill set of a typical installer.

The WB does not have weather comp only optimisation. If you are doing this for environmental concerns, why not fit the Viessmann 200W system? It has an internal diverter valve and is fitted with Weather Comp, you just need to add the Viessmann controls.

Or you could fit the Vaillant 630 with VR65 controller, external valve and VRC 430. This can be used with a normal cylinder if you buy their probe thermister separately (although they don't say as much).

I am doing it for enviromental concerns, but equally cost. With the gas prices on the increase, and we plan on being in this house for hopefully 20 years, I am trying to get a system that has good lifetime costs (startup/running/maintainenance costs), plus reliability.

Regarding the Vaillant, I did like the read up on this, as you get improved efficiency from the probe thermister. I didn't realise you could get one fitted to a third party cylinder. The Vaillant controls seem to be competitive in price, but the boiler is coming in at over £100 more, yet it only has a 2 year guarantee compared to 10 year for the WB heatexchanger and 2 years on controls?[/quote]

Sponsored Links
You pays your money and takes your choice. The Vaillant has weather comp, the Worcester does not. Weather Comp boilers need to separate HW and CH use for maximum efficiency eg: not on at the same time, so you need a fast recover cylinder.

Viessmann give 10 yrs on heat exchangers too.

We give 5yrs on the whole boiler on all Worcester and Vaillant installations, but we don't work in your part of the UK :LOL: Might be worth you asking boiler contractors in your area?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back