Worcester Greenstar 30 CDi Quote

I will get something in writing about any problems relating to dirt in the system. Thank you for that information!

He just mentioned flushing, not power flush, but I will ask him in more detail. One thing is certain, whatever is done to clean, it can't be much dirtier than it is now (only judging by the state of some things we have found since moving in).

I don't want to ask too many questions though, as I feel it can imply I don't trust the tradesman. Although the electrician that came round last month tried to sell me a consumer unit, and even asked how I could live with the guilt if something happened and the children died! :rolleyes:

I think the original plumber does want the work, I had 3 missed calls from him tonight. Will call him back tomorrow and see if he can revise his quote slightly.

Does anyone have experience of Baxi boilers? Is it worth paying a bit extra for a better one? I guess that can be a matter of opinion though.

Sponsored Links
Makes me laugh how people can post on here with prices for a job when they are not even in the trade. It is not helpful in any way.

its about a £1000 for a 30cdi

Can you tell me where I can get a 30cdi with flue for this price, cos I'd love to know?

bits of pipe, inhibitor, cleaner and stats £50.

Yeah,right!
Dt10rf or Dt20rf are £130+ alone.

But then you would know about pricing up a boiler change cos you've done how many?

Oh,yeah that's right, none!

I absolutely GUARANTEE you will NOT get a WB approved installer (who will give you 5 year warranty) to do this job for anything like £1600.
Dream on.

I absolutely GUARANTEE you will NOT get a WB approved installer (who will give you 5 year warranty) to do this job for anything like £1600.
Dream on.

What if it wasn't a WB boiler? Are you just paying for the name with a WB boiler?[/quote]

If price is the main determining factor you could do worse than the Biasi Riva Advance A rated boiler (aka the Biasi Garda He plus at B n Q.)2 yr guarantee.
With oap discount these can be had for less than £600 with flue.Stainless steel heat exchanger too.
You could probably get the job done for around £1k.

Sponsored Links
Price isn't the main factor, but good value is.

If there is benefit to payint an extra £350 for a WB boiler instead of a Baxi boiler, then I don't mind paying it. It's just hard to know what's best.

In spite of the considerable discussion about the importance of properly cleaning the system there you go suggesting it can all be done in one day.

Well you are right, it can be done in one day.

But it cannot be done properly in one day! Power flushing can take 4-6 hours alone!

But then you are not in the trade and only seem to know about cheap bodge jobs and not properly done professional installations with an installers guarantee.

To the OP, the Worcester is considered a good boiler but its more expensive. The Biasi M110 is a far better boiler than the Baxi/Main if you want a cheaper unit.

Tony

Hi Sarah123, I won't hijack your post with my problems but I thought you and others would be interested by my WB CDi 30 quote received this week.
WB accredited installer
replace oil fired CH with a CDi combi put in loft.
Add 2 extra rads with trv's etc.
Use existing (nearly new) wireless roomstat and timer.
Run new gas pipe to cooker point.
Commission and add inhibitor.

£4.4K - POWERFLUSH & MAGNACLEAN NOT INCLUDED IN QUOTE.

Whilst I realise that no 2 installations are the same either your quote is well under or my installer doesn't like me. BTW.. we live in a very modestly sized 3 bed cottage.

Hi Sarah123, I won't hijack your post with my problems but I thought you and others would be interested by my WB CDi 30 quote received this week.
WB accredited installer
replace oil fired CH with a CDi combi put in loft.
Add 2 extra rads with trv's etc.
Use existing (nearly new) wireless roomstat and timer.
Run new gas pipe to cooker point.
Commission and add inhibitor.

£4.4K - POWERFLUSH & MAGNACLEAN NOT INCLUDED IN QUOTE.

Whilst I realise that no 2 installations are the same either your quote is well under or my installer doesn't like me. BTW.. we live in a very modestly sized 3 bed cottage.
You got a comedy quote too? Seems to be catching.

My quote was for £4500 but that DID include a MagnaClean and a power flush as far as I remember.

Dave

removed same boiler last week in st helens and replaced with vaillant 831 and wireless stat for 1600 quid.system water was clean so only needed cleansing, draining and then cold flush.

My quote was for £4500 but that DID include a MagnaClean and a power flush as far as I remember.

Dave[/quote]

Hi Dave, I'm at a loss how it could be so much, a I said in a previous post the cottage is very small, the job should be an installers wet dream - no inaccessable pipes to get to i.e. no carpets to lift as the flooring upstairs are wooden boards screwed down in places where the pipes run. Downstairs all the existing pipes are exposed and the 2 extra rads I asked for are just 'Drop down' runs from existing pipework.
We're a happy go lucky couple who arn't bothered about a bit of mess or disruption, we're not bothered on timescales - the only stipulation was I need to use up the remaining oil I've got (if my rayburn lasts that long) save having to pay to get the oil removed.
Put it this way.... If he'd come back with a 2.2k quote like Sarah123's with flush & MagaClean extra I'd have said yes. If the quote was 3K all in i'd have said Hmm, go on then, but 4.4K without flushing (which I'm sure it badly needs and is at an extra yet undefined cost to me should it be needed) and no Magna it isn't going to happen.
I'll get another quote or 2 for the combi just in case he's having me at it, at this price it's getting more likely I'll bite the bullet and buy a new gas Rayburn.

Yes, same here. So far I have had 4 quotes.

1 from Br.Gas ~ £2800 (excl power flush but inc MagnaClean)

1 from EgaHeat ~ £2800 (incl power flush & MagnaClean)

1 from a local firm (on a recommend) at ~£2400

and the comedy quote of £4500

I am to get a couple of others but the recommended firm seem to be the front-runners atm.

I didn't see what sort of transport the comedy team used, but no doubt it had solid gold wheel rims and a Spirit of Ecstasy on the bonnet grille!

Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back