Hive - install receiver with Worcester cdi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install a Hive receiver with a Worcester Greenstar CDI combi boiler. At present there is no Programmer installed and no room stat connected. So the boiler is either on or off with the temperature in each room only controlled by TRVs (where fitted). This is a new build really, and this is only a temporary measure until we fit the Hive.

All You Tube videos I've seen show the simple job of replacing an old school, hard wired, programmer with the Hive receiver. But we don't have an existing Programmer / controller.

Is there an neat way of connecting the Hive receiver to the Worcester boiler ?

Sponsored Links
L&N from boiler to L&N on Hive receiver LS And LR from boiler to 1 and 3 on hive receiver, either way round between 1 and 3 doesnt matter its just a switch

Sponsored Links
Don’t forget to test combustion once you’ve done it as you are removing the air chamber cover To access the wiring centre and could inadvertently effect the safe operation of the boiler.

Really the job should be done by a qualified heating engineer.

I've got the Receiver installed by qualified heating engineer. I didn't think the Bosch instructions were clear. After wiring, the Receiver wouldn't communicate with the Hive Thermostat. The next day I rang British Gas support and they said ".. oh yes we have yet to activate your system...". One minute later, BG sent a signal to my Router-modem and then all worked well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back