Whichcrabtree RCCB rating

I dont know, this is how it has been when we moved in. the cable was a standard 3core flex run along the trees feeding the CU.
Oh dear! Where does the flex go - is there a plug on the end of it, or what?
im gonna wait for a sparky i normally use but he is not free tilll end of Sept, so just got to wait and get it connected properly,
Very advisable plan!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I dont know, this is how it has been when we moved in. the cable was a standard 3core flex run along the trees feeding the CU. im gonna wait for a sparky i normally use but he is not free tilll end of Sept, so just got to wait and get it connected properly, Thanks for your quick advise. i can stat looking at getting some prices to replace the damaged unit
To answer your question you need a RCD with a trip current of 30ma and a suitable current rating for the circuit you are planning to feed it from (a 63A rating would probabblly be more than sufficient). It also needs to be of the right type to fit your CU.

The last one can be especially tricky as manufacturers do change their ranges over time. I don't know if current crabtree parts are compatible with the generation of CU you have.

Thanks all for the comments. appologies for not posting photos correctly.
Don't worry. Most of us aren't grumpy and are perfectly happy to click on a link ... but there's 'always one'!!

Kind Regards, John

I dont know, this is how it has been when we moved in. the cable was a standard 3core flex run along the trees feeding the CU.
Oh dear! Where does the flex go - is there a plug on the end of it, or what?
im gonna wait for a sparky i normally use but he is not free tilll end of Sept, so just got to wait and get it connected properly,
Very advisable plan!

Kind Regards, John

The flex was wired directly in to the c u, the other end was cut and left in the tree, cant find where it was fed from. Like i say long wait, but i will wait for sparky to sort me out. i will just get basics done, like burying swa cable 2ft under so its reay for him.

Sponsored Links
I dont know, this is how it has been when we moved in. the cable was a standard 3core flex run along the trees feeding the CU. im gonna wait for a sparky i normally use but he is not free tilll end of Sept, so just got to wait and get it connected properly, Thanks for your quick advise. i can stat looking at getting some prices to replace the damaged unit
To answer your question you need a RCD with a trip current of 30ma and a suitable current rating for the circuit you are planning to feed it from (a 63A rating would probabblly be more than sufficient). It also needs to be of the right type to fit your CU.

The last one can be especially tricky as manufacturers do change their ranges over time. I don't know if current crabtree parts are compatible with the generation of CU you have.

Got in touch with a local supplier got quoted £60 for one...... theyve asked me to turn up with the old one to see if its the right one, seen some on ebay, but i know you gey what you pay for and i dont fancy my chances, even though it only supplying the power plugs to the garage, will ask sparky to source 1 when he gets round, good job not in a rush.

You probablly also want to discuss the size of SWA cable with your sparky before you bury it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back