Whirlpool ADG 720 dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a Whirlpool adg 720 dishwasher which has worked fantastic for ages. Unfortunately this weekened it sprung a leak. I removed the front plate of the dishwasher and noticed a metal lid shaped top had come away from a rubber housing.
The lid shape also had a plastic clip on cover with two electrical connections. I reattached the lid with a jubilee clip and this fixed the leak.
My problem now is the dishwasher no longer heats the water.
I am guessing some kind of safety switch has been triggered. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance

Gary

Sponsored Links
Did it heat before it leaked?
Was the "lid shaped top" you mention mounted in a rubber hose with a 90 degree bend? If so this is the thermostat holder...behind it sits a thermostat, hence the electrical connections. Is the thermostat still in place? The thermostat holder is push-fitted into the hose, it doesnt have a jubilee clip. If this what you mean post the machine service number (on the inside of the door lip). It should be something close to this..."8511 720 15000" You will probably need to replace the hose, you may also need to replace the thermostat and/or holder. Post the service number & I'll give you the correct part numbers.

Did it heat before it leaked?
Was the "lid shaped top" you mention mounted in a rubber hose with a 90 degree bend? If so this is the thermostat holder...behind it sits a thermostat, hence the electrical connections. Is the thermostat still in place? The thermostat holder is push-fitted into the hose, it doesnt have a jubilee clip. If this what you mean post the machine service number (on the inside of the door lip). It should be something close to this..."8511 720 15000" You will probably need to replace the hose, you may also need to replace the thermostat and/or holder. Post the service number & I'll give you the correct part numbers.

Yes it worked perfectly until it leaked. It was mounted on a rubber hose with a 90 degree bend. The service number is 8511 720 15002 as you stated. I would really appreciate the part numbers etc.
Thank you very much for you swift response.

P/N for the hose is 4812 530 28094.
P/N for 65 degree C thermostat is 4819 282 48198.
P/N for thermostat holder is 4819 404 49567.
There is also a 47mm hose clip P/N 4819 401 18811 (this is a hose clip, it is not used for the thermostat holder) you could use a regular jubilee clip. You should really check the heater element resistance & megger test it if possible before rushing out to buy spares. Your dishwasher has a "wet" type element mounted inside the bottom of the dishwasher compartment, you can get access to the heater terminals via the front panel. BTW did you find the thermostat? it may have become detached & be lying in the hose someplace?
Good luck :D

Sponsored Links
P/N for the hose is 4812 530 28094.
P/N for 65 degree C thermostat is 4819 282 48198.
P/N for thermostat holder is 4819 404 49567.
There is also a 47mm hose clip P/N 4819 401 18811 (this is a hose clip, it is not used for the thermostat holder) you could use a regular jubilee clip. You should really check the heater element resistance & megger test it if possible before rushing out to buy spares. Your dishwasher has a "wet" type element mounted inside the bottom of the dishwasher compartment, you can get access to the heater terminals via the front panel. BTW did you find the thermostat? it may have become detached & be lying in the hose someplace?
Good luck :D

Thanks very much Zipper, I will let you know how I get on.
Really appreciate your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back