Whirlpool ADG 734 Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the above dishwasher thats not going through a complete cycle it starts gets hot takes the tablet then seams to get stuck and continues to wash at the same place about half way through. It also after a whiles trips the thermal cut out on the heating element I assume because it's not completing the cycle any thoughts would be great many thanks Ian.

;)

Sponsored Links
Bump just moving this to the top in the hopes that the guru of whirlpool dishwashers Sleepyhead see this and has some divine inspiration and comes up with a sloution I live in hope many thanks Ian.:cool:

Machine is a bit old for me to be honest, however, from what you write I'd suspect the thermostat to be at fault. It's not operating and telling the timer to step on with the result the water overheats and takes out the safety stat.
The stat you're looking for is on the corner of the large sump hose, near the front of the machine. (Underneath of course).
Sorry, not much help, just best guess.

Thanks for the reply sleepyhead I am assuming that the thermostat that you are on about is a small white cylinder about 12-15mm tall with two contacts on it I have that off now and the multimeter set on ohms say open circuit so I am assuming your best guess was spot on any ideas on the best place to get on cheers Ian. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
you need to warm the stat up. I've not got the diagrams in front of me but I think there should be two of them and they are normally open circuit, closing when they reach temperature.

Ok seams you where right sleepyhead no suprise there I have heated the thermostat up and it went from open to closing as it got hot. There is only one stat on the underside of the machine with two white wires going to it, there is a silver disc inserted in a black rubber pipe and then a white plastic cirlcular clip hold the thermostat againt the silver disc so I assume that this is the one we are on about. I can get the machine to complete a rinse cycle there are two other washes on the machine and netherwill complete thanks for your help mate Ian.

I still suspect that it could be that thermostat as I have today out it back in run the machine until it reached the point where it sticks the pipe that the thermostat is connected to got very hot and it was still showing open circuit I slip and shorted across the terminals and the machine jumped to the next stage then completed it cycle so think I will order one and give it a try will let you know how it goes cheers Ian.

bonesy said:
I still suspect that it could be that thermostat as I have today out it back in run the machine until it reached the point where it sticks the pipe that the thermostat is connected to got very hot and it was still showing open circuit I slip and shorted across the terminals and the machine jumped to the next stage then completed it cycle so think I will order one and give it a try will let you know how it goes cheers Ian.

Bonesy did you replace the thermostat as I have the same problems.
Let us know. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back