Whirlpool AWM5104 Washing Machine Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Apologies for posting the same question again but my original post from a last week seems to have disappeared.

My problem is with my Whirlpool AWM5104 washing machine. The wash cycle seems to start fine as the water and detergent comes in and the drum spins as normal. However, when the cycle gets to the part where it should rinse and spin (just before ‘A’ on the dial) it stops. If I nudge the dial on a bit it doesn’t work either and I just keep nudging it to the end of the cycle with nothing actually happening and I am left with some water in the drum at the end.

I’ve checked the filter and although I found a couple of coins it made no difference. Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing the problem? I’m guessing the pump as it doesn’t seem to be draining properly but is there anything else that could be causing this as I don’t want to order a new pump only to find it wasn’t the problem in the first place.

Many Thanks
Andy

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Ive got a similar problem with the same machine - may I ask did you get it fixed? what was it?, thanks Dave

Sponsored Links
Check for blockage in the filter and the hose from the bottom of the tub to the pump, also check the pump. The pumps in these machines can quit when they get heated with the wash water and the cooled with the rinse water, If you turn the machine off for 30 mins and then put it to drain and it works then it's the pump. Also when the pump gives up it is normal very noisy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back