Whirlpool AWM8123

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please help before my wife pulls the remaining strands of hair from her head.

We have a Whirlpool AMW8123 washing machine which has started to play up mid cycle, it will pause requiring the start button to be pressed, this can happen up to 10 times before it completes.

Other times the cycle will have a few minutes to go and then it will restart the program. The last couple of washes FP is displayed on the LED.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Thanks Mark

Sponsored Links
if the machine stops and will only restart for a short time after pressing the start button, it usually means that the motor carbons are worn. to test this put it on a final spin only with a decent load in and see if it works. or better still take the motor off and check them.

Thanks, I'll take the motor out on the weekend and take a look. Would this also cause the program to restart?

Thanks again.

Mark
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi,

I just mentioned the possible solution to the problem to my wife and she said that:

'The spin only progam always works because I use it after each wash program as the wash always comes out too wet.'

So it doesn't appear to be the motor....

Any other suggestions would be very welcome.

Cheers Mark

Sounds like a drainage problem, check for blocked filter, choked pipes etc.

Sponsored Links
Check that the filter and pump aren't blocked. If all is clear then I can only suggest trying a replacement cold fill valve.
Always unplug the appliance before working on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back