Whirlpool AWOE 9558 drum problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having prolems with the above washing machine the drum is really noisy so I took the belf of and spun it manually and the drum still made a noise I thought it may be the bearing or the "spider" anyway tried to remove the bearing from the back and i cant so looked to remove drum and found the casing round the drum immpossible to seperate oes anybody have any ideas please

Sponsored Links
I think your model may have a "welded" plastic wash tub which would make changing bearings impossible. If that is the case then the only alternative is to change out the whole wash unit. But to make absolutely certain please post the service number on the door sticker....it should look something similar to this: 859200141010

hiya

thanks for your reply. The service number on the door is 8592 979 15000

Sponsored Links
had a feeling you might say that! Might have a look for a new machine instead.

Thanks for your help

hi again

just a quick update, I phoned Whirlpool again to tell them that I thought it was unfair to have to pay over £200 for the part when the machine is only just over its 12 months guarentee and the man I spoke to told me that the bearings on my model have a 2 year guarentee!! They are not impressed that we have taken it apart but as I pointed out how were we to find out what the problem was without taking it apart?!

So looks as though we are going to get it repaired for free! Phew!

Thanks again for your help

Wow you are lucky :eek: In the worst event I suppose they could have invalidated your warranty...Xmas came twice for you then :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back