Whirlpool dishwasher Adg957 fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My turn for an Adg957 fault. Machine is 18 years old, no Led display. In the past I've changed the NTC sensor

At the moment if I run it on any program, the pump runs and runs and after about 10 mins it starts to beep. The error code on the left most led (rinse) flashes twice a second so doesn't tie in with a specific fault.

I ran the diagnostic cycle (press and hold start while switching on till it flashes) the machine fills and runs, the water heats up ok, up to about 60c.

After the cycle (about 20 mins) the second from the left led is left flashing ( eco wash, next one along from rinse).

Everything I read just talks about the rinse led indicating a fault code.

Any clues?

Sponsored Links
Fixed.

The owi or water pressure sensor, was clogged up with grease. This is the black mesh object inside the tank in the bottom of the machine. The machine thought it was always filled with water.

To remove it go in under the machine by taking the bottom plate off. The connector with 3 grey wires is the sensor. Unplug the cable from it, it is locked into position with three lugs. If you look at the sensor from the connector side, there is a plastic arm pointing towards the tank, the sensor needs to be rotated CCW about 90 degrees so the plastic arm is pointing towards you

You can also look inside the tank and see the lugs lines up with the holes. It will then just pull out, the o ring may be sticky.
The black plastic mesh can be levered off and the diaphragm and mesh cleaned off grease.

Goes back in the same way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back