Whirlpool Dishwasher ADP4501/5 Won't Fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Whirlpool ADP4501/5 dishwasher is 2 years old, when we turn it on, it makes noises like it's working and then the green light at the front flashes on and off. When the light is on, it makes a noise like it's trying to pump water, when it's off, it does nothing. It continues like this until I turn it off.

When I open the door, it's not managed to put any water in the dishwasher. It's like it's trying to pump water in - when we hear the pump, we can also hear water going down the waste pipe and down the sink.

This has happened before but we just left it a day and it magically worked again, no such luck this time!

Can anyone help please? Thanks very much!

Sponsored Links
Count the flashes then come back and do a search for Whirlpool and the number of flashes. Most error codes have been covered previously.

it doesn't flash for a certain number of times then stop, it just does it until i turn it off - i just counted in case there was a pause i was missing, but i got to 30 and got bored - is it possible to pause after more than 30 and still be an error code?

thanks, i realy appreciate this :)

It won't stop flashing, it will flash for instance 7 times, pause for 2 seconds then repeat, it will continue repeating until you switch off or reset.

Continuous flash is 1, single flash. Error code F1. NTC (temperature sensor) fault.

Remove the fine filters, pour a kettle of boiling water into the sump and immediately try the machine again. Slim chance of shocking the NTC into working again.
NTC isn't cheap and it's not guaranteed that this is the fault, the fault codes are only a guide.

Sponsored Links
i think it must be error code 1 then, it goes on and off continuously.

Is the error code just a flashing light? It seems like the machine is going on and off each time the light comes in, as it puts a burst of water into the machine then cuts out. Would that normally happen when it is giving you an error code?

No. That's not just a flashing light.
Check for a flooded base. (Under the bit you put the dishes in)

ok, i removed the water from the sump with a turkey baster! then tried again, same problem, checked sump after and it has refilled with water. :( any ideas? thanks again btw, it's really good of you to help me!

You just emptied the tub. The base is under the tub. You need to check for a flooded BASE or a leak.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back