whirlpool dishwasher dwp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i've got a problem with my dishwasher again and this time i am getting an error code of 2 beeps/flashes. if i pour boiling water into the filter and reset the switch and select the program it will then normally restart, but it's a bit annoying having to do this each time so if sleepyhead is out there i could do with some more of your advice please.

Sponsored Links
2 flashes indicates a flooded base. You need to take the inspection plate under the door off, check to see if there's water in the base. If there is, drain it and run the machine again. You will have to then check to see if it's leaking into the base.

if it is a leak it must be small as it hasn't yet flooded the floor and will still work after i pour some hot water into the filter. i will check it out this afternoon. thanks for the info sleepyhead.

there is no water in the pan underneath the dishwasher but now it seems that the light flashes on and off (on off on off on off). every time it does this i pour the hot water into the filter from a kettle, reset it and it works ok again - weird. i'm going to buy some bicarbonate of soda and fill the filter with it and try flushing it through to see if there might be any improvement.

Sponsored Links
Single flash is an NTC fault. Thats the temperature sensor poking up into the sump. Pouring hot water onto it is shocking it into temporarily working.

thanks sleepyhead. will this part have to be replaced or is it a case of cleaning and refitting? if it is an expensive part i might have to carry on with the boiling water from the kettle for a while.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back