Whirlpool Dishwasher E1, F6 Error Codes

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, we have a Whirlpool dishwasher 2.5 years old. This morning it is blinking E1 & F6. The model is WDTA50SAKZ0. I turned the power off for a few minutes twice, and both times when the power was turned back on the same error code came up E1, F6. We are in more of a rural area so service charges are above average. Can anyone give me guidance to repair and where to start. YouTube has multiple things that could be wrong. I am relatively handy when it comes to repairs, but have never worked on a dishwasher.

Thank you.

Elliot

Sponsored Links
Low water pressure?, blocked filter or kink in the filling hose?

Water pressure is great. No kinks in the filling hose. Did clean the filter. Turned power off again and back on, same error codes.

Might be a (the) flow meter? When you turn the power back on, do the codes come up immediately or is it after you start another cycle?, if it comes up immediately maybe press the stop/finish button (if it has one) and reclose the door, it (at least my 10 year old Whirlpool) should pump out the water and then stop ready for a new cycle.
If you can start a new cycle you should hear the water rushing in for a good few seconds before the fault codes annunciate.

Sponsored Links
They are up immediately. Push the "Start", "Cancel" buttons... nothing. Other buttons nothing. YouTube said try three buttons, three times to reset... nothing. Codes keep flashing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back