Whirlpool DWF 417 Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

Out trusty dishwasher has developed a sound like a cat trying to get into a locked cat flap. A lot of banging during the cycle. After the cycle has finished it has not drained properly, and the water spinners are not working. However it will drain when the rinse programme is selected. I have removed the kick plate and it appears to be the drain pump that is making the noise. I can feel it rattling. I have removed the pump expecting to find something stuck inside, but it all looks OK. If it is faulty, that may explain the draining problem, but is the issue with the spinner related or just coincidental. My question is, will a replacement pump fix both?

Thanks, Kenny.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like there is foreign matter in circulation pump, often broken glass if noisy and can be difficult to spot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back