whirlpool gp2 dwi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.after a bit of a wait i have pulled my dishwasher out as i have found that the hose that goes from the impeller casing (looks like a turbo) to the plastic tube had split. probably why it kept throwing out water and tripping the electrics. i have removed the part and the black casing twists apart. it looks like the hose is glued on tight as it wouldn't twist off. if the part comes with the hose attatched will my local appliance shop sell me the part or does it only come as a whole unit? also is it essential to use the jubilee clips that it has or can i use the conventional screw up type as the origionals seem more awkward to tighten? many thanks mark

Sponsored Links
The hose isn't a replacement part. The askoll pump isn't a replacement part either, you'll be supplied with a ceset wash pump.
You need slim jubilee clips although the originals are no problem to retighten unless you've fully opened them, in which case you need new ones.

hello sleepyhead thanks for the reply. seems a bit extreme to replace the part because of a split hose but if this is the case do you have any idea of cost or is it possible to just get hold of a second hand casing? thanks.

Don't know the cost of the part offhand. I'd guess around the £80 mark.
If you can find a piece of hose the same size you could remove the old one and bond the new one on.
As to 2nd hand, sorry, no idea where you'd get one. I had 3, now have 1 complete pump left for my own dishwasher. Can't remember what I did with the front of the old one. :(

Sponsored Links
thanks again sleepyhead. i just went on uk whitegoods forum and by all accounts the askoll circulation pump is a nasty item with a good few re- occuring faults. the bonded hose, the impellor falls off and is impossible to replace, the electrics get wet and burn the motor out, the bearing in the front plate wears allowing the armature to become sloppy etc etc. i might try fixing another hose but it migh be another pump like you suggested. thanks again for the replies and the help. if i come up with a fix i'll post it.

finally managed to fix the dishwasher with a tiny bit of hose, and four new jubilee clips all round. i found the best way to attack it was by turning it on it's side and taking the bottom panel off for better access. the wife says if it goes again it's OUT.

the only problem i've got now is, ' how the hell does the door panel go back on'? it's so long ago that i took it off i can't remember how i got it off. :oops: there are four white plastic lugs (two top, two bottom) and i assume you have to offer the door panel up slightly higher than the door and slide it down with the lugs slotting into the four holes but it doesn't want to go. i'm a bit nervous of breaking something at the last hurdle. i'm not even sure if that is right. do i have to take apart the dishwasher door to get the front panel on or not? last question i hope. thanks for all the help.

at last i figured it out myself. i had to pull the door down, unscrew all the screws both sides of the door 'til the front plate came off, lay the panel door flat, slip the front plate over the white plastic lugs, slide the plate down 'til they went under the screw fixings, offer the whole thing up to the machine and screw the screws back in. it made it difficult because one of the screw fixings had broken and it kept coming off on the left side but after about 4 attempts we managed to get it back on and at last we used it to clean up after the sunday roast ! :D :D

You really only need to take of the 2nd and 4th screws from the bottom, put the door straps into the 4 holes and slide it up, open the door and refit the screws.
Glad you got it going again. Obviously you know how bad the askoll pump is and it will eventually need replacing with a ceset pump. :)

thanks sleepyhead for all the advice. knowing whats wrong in the first place makes it easier to have a go, and try to put the problem right. i certainly couldn't have touched it without this forum. excellent site!

cheers, and all the best, mark.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back