Country
United Kingdom
hi i'm working on another family members machine this time

the machine is a awo/d 6202 with worn bearings

i have a drum+motor from a awo/d 4305

which i have transplanted

however the motors are different .the 6202 is a 350watt with 7-pin connector
and the 4305 is a 380 watt with a 6-pin connector

i'm assuming 7-pin is a split field coil but i'm wondering if the 6-pin/380 watt motor is compatible with the 6202 timer?

any ideas thanks(maybe fidom if you're about thanks)

//www.diynot.com/network/mikehammer69/albums/16472

Sponsored Links
I take it that it is the drum bearings that are worn, not the motor bearings?
You don't explain why you need to swap both the drum AND the motor. Does the replacement motor plug physically fit the one on the machine? If it does it should be safe enough to try it but the motor may not run at all spin speeds. If the motors are of the same make it might be possible to swap field coils. If the motor is riveted together you would have to drill out the rivets and replace them with nuts and bolts.

hi fidom
yes drum bearings worn
yes the motor plugs are interchangeable

the reason i swapped drum and motor is because the replacement drum is slightly different and the original motor from the 6202 won't bolt onto it

unfortunately i don't have an identical replacement drum to work with atm-if that makes sense

i gave it a trial run-machine seems to be working

just 1 problem -the door is now permanently locked closed even with the machine unplugged

the door open light illuminates at end of cycle but it's still locked??

the only change in electrics was the wash motor

Sponsored Links
i opened the door interlock with a screwdriver and it seems to have righted itself now

just a new seal needed and it may be ok

thanks fidom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back