Whistling Saunier Duval 30e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I hope that some of you may be able to assist me. I have just purchased a property which has a Saunier Duval 30e boiler installed. The boiler itself operates both the central heating and the hot water as it should do and appeared on the face of it to be working fine initially however, there is a slight problem which is as follows:-

On turning the central heating on or on turning any of the hot taps on, the boiler fires up and works correctly but after about 30 seconds to one minute, a faint whistling noise can then be heard from somewhere within the boiler housing. This whistling noise gets progressively louder (and it does get quite loud) over the following two or three minutes and then after a few more minutes, once the whistling noise has reached its maximum, it gradually dies down again and eventually disappears and then the boiler just makes the usual noise from the burner firing-up on demand etc.

The property has been empty for about 5 to 6 months and as such the boiler will not have been used during this time. I thought that maybe after operating it for a few days the noise may eventually dissappear all together (wishful thinking!) but it hasn't. I am also unsure as to whether the boiler has been previously periodically serviced or how old it is.

Any suggestions that anyone may have to rectify this defect would be greatly appreciated.

Mr M.

Sponsored Links
it could be the divertor valve cartridge spinning sometimes this occurs .The only solution i have found is to change cart. it is usually due to syst water[thats if we are talking about the thema model]

Thanks for your response gasgeezer. I'll try and determine if this is where the noise is coming from. Would appreciate any other views from other members.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back