White Knight 447WV Dryer - Timer doesn't count down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
White Knight 447WV Dryer

Previously had no problems with this dryer but the timer appears to have suddenly stopped working.

The dryer:

- starts fine if I choice a time and press start.
- heats up, etc

The timer just does not count down - the dryer just keeps going!!

Given the above, is this as simple as I need to swap the timer? Is there anything I can test/check first?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Thanks for quick reply

Any means of testing or are the symptoms that clear? Want to be sure I'm ordering the right part :eek:D

No way of test but a classic fault. It runs on cogs inside it and some are poss striped.

Sponsored Links
Switch replaced (<5 mins) and dryer seems to work again.

Searching by part number and not make/model saved me £15-£20. Found a small independent who was far more competitive than the larger spares websites.

Opened up the 'timer' on the old switch. It runs on cams not cogs. They have single small cut out rather than multiple teeth. Cams fine - no wear. The timer contains relay style contacts that I would consider dirty/possibly worn - nothing that could not be rectified with a little TLC.

I'm happy to keep new timer (low cost fix) but will keep the original just in case the need to repair arrives again.

To those that did - thanks for your input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back