White Knight BG 457 Gas Tumble Dryer (will not dry clothes)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a White Knight Gas tumble dryer model no BG 457
I have recently replaced the 4 stats in this machine as it was playing up.
I thought i had cured the problem but there seems to be a fault.
When i put washing the the dryer and then put in on for 60 mins the gas fires
up and starts to dry the clothes, say after about 30 mins the gas goes off
(this was usual when the machine was new) aqnd then when the gas tries to ignite for the second time, it won't and then the drum rotates to the end of the cycle and the clothes are left only half dry, any ideas how to cure this problem would be greatly appreciated, i can order parts from White Knight if
required.. many thanks

Sponsored Links
Get a Gas Safe Registered engineer in,who`s qualified to work on them and has experience of them and stop effing about with it yourself.

I have a White Knight Gas tumble dryer model no BG 457
I have recently replaced the 4 stats in this machine as it was playing up.
I thought i had cured the problem but there seems to be a fault.
When i put washing the the dryer and then put in on for 60 mins the gas fires
up and starts to dry the clothes, say after about 30 mins the gas goes off
(this was usual when the machine was new) aqnd then when the gas tries to ignite for the second time, it won't and then the drum rotates to the end of the cycle and the clothes are left only half dry, any ideas how to cure this problem would be greatly appreciated, i can order parts from White Knight if
required.. many thanks

had the same probs no one could help so i chucked it in the skip i liked that as well cheaper than electric any day to run..

Get a Gas Safe Registered engineer in,who`s qualified to work on them and has experience of them and stop effing about with it yourself.

Thanks for your post, i seem to recall when i bought the dryer i got a
"Gas Safe Registered Engineer" or Corgi as it was then to install it...
a simple task you would think, when he had left 3 hours yes 3 hours later
i had no tumble dryer working, no central heating working and no gas cooker working....it makes me think.... qualifications are a marvellous thing!

Sponsored Links
When you say 'try' do you mean you can hear the spark inside the heater? It could be the HT lead or electrode going open circuit (i.e. due to a crack) after a while because of the heat.

just had the same prob usually it is the detector electrode that sags away from the gas stream but in my case it turned out to be a faulty solenoid you should be able to hear the solenoid open if you can hear it then the stats are probably ok then can you here the spark ? if so if no spark prob ignition box if there is a spark try to light the burner manually remove bottom shield at the back for access although it is possible from the front by removing the bottom plinth as there are 2 solonoids and it is possible for 1 to fail they are a bitch to fault find on hope i have helped please do not give me hasel for my spelling as it upsets me and i am only trying to help

The flame sensor electrode would be the favourite to cause this problem as the last post suggests. But did you know there is actually a seperate gas safe catagory that a gas safe engineer must be tested on to legally work on a gas tumble dryer it must state they have completed this on the back of their gas safe card . Gas safe registration is so confusing that really it makes it all a load of boll**cks as how does joe public KNOW that there are different catagorys that an engineer must pass unless they are in the industry for an example i have a gas safe card and yes im qualified to work on gas dryers , cookers and pipework but not boilers but if i flashed the front of my gas safe card in front of you face how would you know but as it is im never asked for it anyway!! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back