White Knight CL727 Tumble Dryer, no heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, just in case anybody has time to advise on this; White Knight, not the easiest to get into, but not getting any heat and have checked wiring, thermostats and elements, all seems to be fine. I would like to check the exhaust thermostat but that is well secreted and I wondered if anybody has a polite suggestion as to how to get at it?

Sponsored Links
Lay on its left side ( looking at it from the front) and remove rear panel be sure not to remove screws in the centre of panel otherwise you will have difficulty re-connecting the ring heater. Only the screws located around the edges. You will need to remove the lid first too and unscrew the vent hose pipe plate.
The panel will still be attached by the mains wire located at the top right rear looking from behind so just lay the panel flat next to thr main casing.
Ex thermostat located near the front duct housing.

Whilst your at it visually check the heating element and better still test with meter. And clean the flexible hose probably connected internally and ducting.
Also check the fan is connected properly to the motor spindle, known to split and come off, no circulation heat soon escalates and overheats and trips ex thermo.

Presumably you have pressed the red reset button on the rear panel thermostat if it has one.

Once again Yardie, I thank you for your time and attention.

This is a condensor, it has two normal coil elements, the reset didn't need touching, elements test good for continuity.

Having had another look, shortly I'll try getting through the lower front.

Where is the water empty tray located? Top or bottom

Ok so its at the top, so there must be a pump, at the bottom of the machine is there an anti-flood switch, have you checked this? Follow the wiring from the heater, does it go to the switch?

Sponsored Links
No, i've not checked that.... there is no tray on this one, it's a pipe to an external location, i.e. a drain.

Thats usually an added feature, either water collects in tray or connect directly to waste pipe or somewhere externally.

Trace back from the drain pipe to locate pump, if it has a flood switch it will be near.
It must have one, its a safety device. Usually its connected in series with the heater wiring.

Going back to the ex stat, could be fitted behind the front fascia panel.

right, that was a "journey" but I've checked the ex stat and found a wire loose, so after my recovery, I'll put the power on and try again. in the meantime I'll have a look for the pump.

That is low on the front, can only be removed by taking the front off completely, but there is a small orifice in the very lower front panel behind a plastic section, which explains the lacerations now on the back of my hands and wrists. The door panel can be released from the lower panel by removing six screws.

the machine is now running and gone through the heat up, both elements, and is in a cool period now, so that looks like that's sorted it.

Many thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back