white knight drier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my drier keeps blowing the fuses in the house after running for 20 minutes electrician from council said elecs are fine but after 20minutes it keeps going off any advice would be appreciated :(

Sponsored Links
I would have to agree with breezer. If no electrical fault can be found when the machine is cold, that probably means some form of internal insulation is breaking down as it heats up (not uncommon), I bet he didn't check the electrics just after it tripped out ?
Best dump it.

i would not dump the dryer as a new heater is only about £12 retail. it would be most unlikely for anything else to be the problem. if it is a full size dryer that you have i must admit that fitting a heater is not easy unless you've done a few. i charge my customers £32.

Sponsored Links
keithwasherman said:
i would not dump the dryer as a new heater is only about £12 retail. it would be most unlikely for anything else to be the problem. if it is a full size dryer that you have i must admit that fitting a heater is not easy unless you've done a few. i charge my customers £32.

only problem with what you have said is, the fact that steviebabe said
after running for 20 minutes
so that would imply the heater is working fine (after all it does run ok up to about 18 minutes) and that it is something that is distorting after 20 mins, it may be what the heater is mounted on, or something the heater is heating which then expands and touches the heater.

so i would not agree with changing the heater.

I would however say that white Knight are at the basement end of the budget range.

yes if something is worth fixing i am all for it, but suppose the heater is a quick fix, then the next bit goes wrong, £32 for part, +call out = 1/3 or 1/2 way towards a new one

so sorry, i still say skip it

hi white knight isnt that bad. they have made products for bosch and they are british give there service dept a ring i've always found them helpful

crosslee have made tumble dryers badged as bosch, whirlpool, zanussi and their own brand white knight. i have personally refurbished in excess of 2000 of these dryers and i can say thet the heater is the main suspect.
the insulation can break down after it has warmed up.
also i charge £32 in total job done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back