White Knight 427 drier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced the heater on my White Knight 427 drier, but the heater element is fouling the drum making a scraping noise.

I've tried to adjust the position of the element and the supporting clips but things haven't improved.

Is there something I need to do to the backplate to stop this?

Sponsored Links
I always seem to have this problem lately. All you can do is repeat what you have tried until it stops scraping. Make sure there are no corners of the brackets poking out, you may need to bend them down slightly. I know it's a pain as you have to take out umpteen screws each time.

Thanks fido,

yes it is a pain having to take all the screws out again - seems to be trial and error unless someone has a clever way of sorting this out.

I did think of putting something between the bearing plate and the back panel to move the element away from the drum by a couple of mm, but this may make screwing the back panel on more difficult

Sponsored Links
i've refurbed in excess of 2000 of these as whirlpools. try fido's advice first but i can say that in a few cases i've done as you suggested. it works fine. put a spot of superglue on the spacers to hold them while you refit the backplate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back