Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

looking for some some alarms,

What i would like is a mains power battery back up :
1. Heat detector
2. Ionisation , optical smoke alarm
3. CO / Smoke alarm

to be honest not sure if i am looking in the right places. But they also need to be white, not off cream, nearly white or not specified, but white.

Any brands that people recommend?

Cheers
A

Sponsored Links
I tend to use EI Easi-fit alarms. Not the cheapest, but I get a good deal normally. Cosmetically they look good.

Sponsored Links
The AICO Ei 140 Series is the best as they are a bit slimmer then the rechargable lithium jobs. By far the most aesthetically pleasing smoke and heat alarms on the market IMO especially since they don't require a patrass which so many other alarms do.

The one in the picture is the 144 which is a heat alarm. They're always ugly because of the snout (not a technical term) housing the thermistor. The 141 is the ionising smoke alarm which is far better looking because it doesn't have the snout and i think they are slightly shallower. Best thing to do is go to a wholesaler and have a look. Rexel Senate and Edmundsons both stock Aico gear so i'm sure they'll let you get one out the box. Like i said the Ei 140 series don't require a patrass (that's the large plastic box at the back of most smoke alarms) so they are a far shallower profile then most alarms on the market.

I'm not sure what electronicsuk is on about. Personal opinion I suppose. Anyway, you asked for recommendations, and aesthetically and functionally I'd still go for the Easi-fit alarms. I've fitted literally hundreds.

One thing about them is that they don't have a grille across the front to collect dust, just a few slits and a narrow grille around the edge. Which is why they look quite smart.

Marginally cheaper then the Ei 141 however you'll need either a patrass or a dry lining pox to house your connections. How much extra will that cost you? I estimate an extra £1-£2 which makes them dearer then the others already suggested. As i've already said the patrass makes the whole unit sit a long way off the ceiling. The dry lining box will be better but it still all seems a bit of a faff compared to the Aico 140's.

AFAIK Protec Fire Detection do all 3 options in a single detector.

However, they are not stand alone units & need a control panel :(

(Edit - changed alarm to detector)

The one in the picture is the 144 which is a heat alarm. They're always ugly because of the snout (not a technical term) housing the thermistor. The 141 is the ionising smoke alarm which is far better looking because it doesn't have the snout and i think they are slightly shallower.
But the two do different things and are suitable, or not, for different locations.

You can't choose the one(s) you should have on the basis of which ones don't have sticky-out bits.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back