White Wall Paint Recommendations Needed

£65 for 2.5l? That's dearer than f&b!
Dulux trade do a durable flat matt which is about £50 for 10 ltrs. I've also had good results with the dulux easycare.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I wondered what you went with? We have sprayed our whole house with Leyland trade contract matt which is naff but as it went on new skimmed walls we wanted something cheap and which would cover with a plan to go over with something which can be wiped and is durable especially when it comes to little ones with dirty hands :D

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I wondered what you went with? We have sprayed our whole house with Leyland trade contract matt which is naff but as it went on new skimmed walls we wanted something cheap and which would cover with a plan to go over with something which can be wiped and is durable especially when it comes to little ones with dirty hands :D
Nice bump :mrgreen:

For three years I have been using Johnstone's Trade Acrylic Durable Matt

IMO it is absolutely fantastic paint. It is a bit gloopy and needs thinning with some water. But once mixed, the paint quality is excellent and any mark you on the wall can be easily removed with a scrub sponge and washing up liquid.

The finish will still look as good as the day you painted it

It stays white (although it is not a brilliant bright white to begin with) and it must have some mould resisting properties as I used it in my humid kitchen and there's been no signs of mould.

My mate prefers to use the paint fresh out the tin without thinning, so it can be done.

If you do try it out, let us know how you get on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back