whitest paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi tis me again,

my question this time is about white paint.
i was wondering if any one knew what the whitest paint is available.

and if it can be bought at a merchants rather than the normal diy store as i always get discount from the merchants.

Sponsored Links
I find the whitest paint is Dulux Trade Pure Brilliant White

Just stick to decent brands..

The only problem with the brilliant whites it that they dont tend to cover as well imo

Third eye is correct. Dulux pure brill is best. You get what you pay for. Brolac used to do one a few years ago called PEP they said it would cover black with white in one coat. Cracking stuff but dear. not so much of it round now. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Robbie uk said:
Third eye is correct. Dulux pure brill is best. You get what you pay for. Brolac used to do one a few years ago called PEP they said it would cover black with white in one coat. Cracking stuff but dear. not so much of it round now. :cry:

They have been swallowed up by Akzo Nobel who have re branded it with the MacPhersons label..the reps..being reps, say its the same stuff, I dont think it is personally.

Brolac a lovely white gloss..Crown in comparison looked pale grey.

what would you guys use as coving primer -the "proper stuff " or something different/better?
I thought about standard undercoat would this be ok?
The coving is good quality stuff in 3.6m lengths from Jewsons but its an absolute biatch to get pure white.

No, not undercoat..a coat of decent emulsion, thinned by about 20 for the first one.

No-tried dulux- three to four coats and still the grey paper is slightly visible.
Why no to undercoat ,zampa?

Because undercoat is normally oil based...and the finish on coving is normally water based..

Well unless your intended to have a gloss or eggshell finish that is...in which case id got for water based anyway as it doesnt yellow..and coving behing where it is will be subjected to more heat....which, along with poor light contributes towards yellowing.

evdama said:
No-tried dulux- three to four coats and still the grey paper is slightly visible.
Why no to undercoat ,zampa?

Did you thin down all the coats you put on the coving or just the first one. And are you using Dulux Trade or the normal retail one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back