Who do I believe in Labour in Scotland?

The trouble down here is that the majority of the English have no patriotism, maybe that's apathy or due to the fact they have had it beaten out of them since joining Europe. Those that have seen the light will vote for a new party (UKIP) but many will still vote as they always have then spend the next four years complaining about them.

Having visited Scotland several times I was always aware of how patriotic the Scots are and I am amazed that they did not achieve independence from Westminster.

Basically Scotland would be better off without us which I find quite a sad situation as we should be working together as a nation instead of working together with every other nation.

Sponsored Links
I go dancing in a kilt and I don't look a complete dick...

...I think...

and if you wear underpants, no-one will see your dick anyway.
Ye mean tae tell me your allowed tae wear something under the kilt? ???? By Christ, I've been conned for years... Mind you, there's nothing worn under my kilt,,,, it's all in perfect working order. ;) ;) ;)

Love the accent. Reminds me of when I used to read 'Oor Wullie' :LOL:

The trouble down here is that the majority of the English have no patriotism, maybe that's apathy or due to the fact they have had it beaten out of them since joining Europe.
It's been far longer than that.
We have been downtrodden by our own rulers for centuries and English is never an option; we have to choose British.

We are a mixture of all the invaders anyway.

We don't have a single separate identity like the minorities of Wales, Scotland or even Cornwall.

The trouble down here is that the majority of the English have no patriotism, maybe that's apathy or due to the fact they have had it beaten out of them since joining Europe.

We don't have a single separate identity like the minorities of Wales, Scotland or even Cornwall.

Or NI where we beat drums on the march every 12th of July in celebration of our identity and loyalty to the Crown.
You should come over and try it some time.
United we stand, divided we fall.
Though I guess with your republican leanings you might get a kicking. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Or NI where we beat drums on the march every 12th of July in celebration of our identity and loyalty to the Crown.
Precisely - you're a tiny minority.

You should come over and try it some time.
United we stand, divided we fall.
But that is my point - your identity has no relevance to nor anything in common with me/us down here.
It is not English - we don't do silly things like that either to advertise our beliefs or annoy others.

Though I guess with your republican leanings you might get a kicking.
Getting a kicking for having differing views merely reinforces mine.
I'm not an Irish republican but nor do I revere German monarchs and Norman aristocracy.

squeaky, hi.

Could it be then argued or surmised that the above has promulgated the rise in UKIP + SNP ?

Just a passing thought?

Ken.

Undoubtedly. The two-and-a-half main parties have lied and done U-turns repeatedly over the years and many people (with the exception of their hard-line supporters) are finally beginning to get fed up with it.

UKIP want our independence from the EU.

SNP want their independence from the UK (but presumably not from the EU).

Both laudable aspirations.

I go dancing in a kilt and I don't look a complete dick...

...I think...

and if you wear underpants, no-one will see your dick anyway.
Ye mean tae tell me your allowed tae wear something under the kilt? ???? By Christ, I've been conned for years... Mind you, there's nothing worn under my kilt,,,, it's all in perfect working order. ;) ;) ;)

The old ones are the best ones!

Love the accent. Reminds me of when I used to read 'Oor Wullie' :LOL:

Me too. I remember those comics, especially the expression "Ooyah". When I was a kid I didn't realise what "Ooyah" meant, but I do now. In fact, I've used the complete expression ("Ooh ya ba***rd!") myself when, for example, hitting my finger with a hammer.

In order for 'Britain' and then the 'UK' to work , Englishness had to be conflated with Britishness , England confused with Britain and so on. This had to be done as England was so clearly the dominant partner.

Englishness is actually now coming to the fore as an identity in many ways.

Look at the 1966 World Cup- mostly Union Flags, now you see mostly the flag of St George. No English anthem at sorting events, but GSTQ to conflate further.

And when emblems are hijacked by racists and the like, ordinary people feel uncomfortable instead of taking ownership of them back from extremists.

You can celebrate your own culture without denigrating anyone else. Otherwise you are just a classic case of the insecure bully with low self esteem.

Then you had myths about 'not being allowed' to fly flags or celebrate StGeorge's Day when the reality was that nobody was or is that bothered.

Or they choose to celebrate it in real English fashion by not making a fuss.

"your identity has no relevance to nor anything in common with me/us down here."

There must be plenty of people down your way who are patriotic and swear allegiance to Queen and country and believe in God.
Surely things haven't diminished and disintegrated that badly in your neck of the woods?

"your identity has no relevance to nor anything in common with me/us down here."

There must be plenty of people down your way who are patriotic
I would say not in the way you mean.

and swear allegiance to Queen and country
This is where your brainwashing has been successful.
Unless belonging to one of her forces etc. we simply do not do such things.

and believe in God.
I am sure that the English who do believe in god follow the teachings that they should 'love thy neighbour' and live in peace.
They would not consider violence against those who disagree.

Surely things haven't diminished and disintegrated that badly in your neck of the woods?
But surely it is your neck of the woods where things have disintegrated from the ways of Jesus.

It's peaceful here and we don't have towel heads. Yet. Least not in my neck of the woods.
Anyrode we can be thankful it was the troubles that kept them out.

I'd be quite happy for Scotland to gain their independence, if that's what the majority want. Visiting Scotland, or Scots visiting England, would probably be just as easy as it is to visit Eire - and I speak from experience visiting Eire before the EU takeover.

Ah poor Nicola she's watched so many repeats of Bravehart that she's been Bl--dy brainwashed!! that's why she hates us Brits :LOL:

versatile posted

"why she hates us Brits"

Who are the Brits?

Are you referring to the Northern Irish? or the Welsh, or what?

Just asking, I am sure you will understand but would appreciate your considered definition of "us Brits?

Ken

Sponsored Links
Back