Who do I believe in Labour in Scotland?

hey!

Have a look at how many "views" this post has had

Incredible?

Who said Politics is boring?

Ken

A pity this passion for arguing about politic isn't replicated across the country and translated into votes.

It will be interesting to see the Post Referendum turnout in Scotland.

Sponsored Links
When all the trees have been cut down,
when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,
when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
only then will you discover you cannot eat money....

Total forest area is increasing in the UK and Europe

Hunting may be cruel/pointless (another argument) but is not unsustainable, unless you want to call wolves unnatural, nature reserves are increasing in number.

Waterways are getting cleaner in the UK, cleaner than they have been for hundreds of years.

Diesel cars and wood-burning are the two biggest causes of air pollution at present in Europe, greenies are the ones responsible for increases in this type of pollution.

So **** the green party.

All the nasty stuff is happening abroad, and that is something we have little influence over.

"Waterways are getting cleaner in the UK, cleaner than they have been for hundreds of years."

I find that very hard to believe.
At least 90% of UK farmland is covered with artificial fertilizers and slurry. The run off usually makes its way to shuechs and streams.
Both contain all sorts of nasties that natural habitats cannot tolerate.

A rare sight now on a farm is frog spawn in the sheuchs. Years ago it was common.
There's some forestry on high ground near my location and I've seen some there recently. But its rare.

"Waterways are getting cleaner in the UK, cleaner than they have been for hundreds of years."

I find that very hard to believe.
At least 90% of UK farmland is covered with artificial fertilizers and slurry. The run off usually makes its way to shuechs and streams.
Both contain all sorts of nasties that natural habitats cannot tolerate.

A rare sight now on a farm is frog spawn in the sheuchs. Years ago it was common.
There's some forestry on high ground marching my land and I've seen some there recently. But its rare.

Good point, Norcon. Probably less deliberate discharge of industrial wastes and byproducts into waterways nowadays, but agricultural run-off...........has this / can this be quantified?

Sponsored Links
Agri-environmental officials probably have figures on it.
Then you have silage effluent also.
We were with a skinflint farmer yesterday (doing some patching) who diyed his own silage silo from second hand pre cast concrete units. He has 200 milk cows.
Department officials are aware of his set up.

Probably every single joint has failed and is leaking. His entire farm buildings needs bulldozing basically and the herd sold off.

I think in a few years the latter will happen. And in the another few years the buildings will have collapsed anyways. A few roofs have already collapsed down unto the livestock and he just works around the mess.
In high winds there is probably a real danger of being decapitated by flying corrugated tin.
If his farm went up for sale I would write the buildings off as a liability detracting from the sale price.

Run off is I believe a major problem that is causing Pollution, I live on the Sea front, the beach is rated for safe swimming Etc.

Every time there is a large rain storm or at times a flood type situation the beaches rating drops like a stone, there is a secondary effect, the volume of spent Shotgun Cartridges rises dramatically ?

The point is that if really heavy rain run off can deposit spent Shotgun cartridges on a beach what volume of Micro bacterial, and probably excess Fertilisers Etc. also land there?

just a thought?

Ken

Back