Who do I believe in Labour in Scotland?

versatile posted

"why she hates us Brits"

Who are the Brits?

Are you referring to the Northern Irish? or the Welsh, or what?

Just asking, I am sure you will understand but would appreciate your considered definition of "us Brits?

Ken

Perhaps he meant ALL Brits. Fishy Sturgeon must hate the Scots as much as she hates the English (and Welsh and Northern Irish) because if Scotland gained its independence they would be the ones to suffer, if not at first certainly later on.

Sponsored Links
Ah poor Nicola she's watched so many repeats of Bravehart that she's been Bl--dy brainwashed!! that's why she hates us Brits :LOL:

As I said, this conflation of British and English was necessary to make the Union work.

UKIP mix up Britain and The UK . A mere detail to some, but to others one that sheds light on their mindset.

UKIP mix up Britain and The UK . A mere detail to some, but to others one that sheds light on their mindset.

Oh for heaven's sake. We have discussed this many times before and I think everyone here has made their feelings clear. I certainly have (you'll have to search; I'm not doing it for you).

Why drag it up again? Semantics. Go on, explain what you think about it if it's that important to you.

Oh for heaven's sake. We have discussed this many times before and I think everyone here has made their feelings clear. I certainly have (you'll have to search; I'm not doing it for you).

Why drag it up again? Semantics. Go on, explain what you think about it if it's that important to you.

I've dragged it up again as we've had another example of it. And feelings doesnt make it any more correct to mix up the UK and Britain. Why cut out Unionists in NI?

It's increasingly clear that UKIP are not a UK party. They are an English party .

And if Your main policy is that you want to renegotiate treaties, it's not semantics. It's just a symptom of small parties of any hue, don't need to worry about detail because they don't expect to have to deliver.

Sponsored Links
It's increasingly clear that UKIP are not a UK party. They are an English party .

UKIP are a UK party. If certain parts of the UK don't like them, don't vote for them. I'm sure UKIP have supporters in all UK countries, even Scotland!

I think there are far more important issues than whether someone calls this nation the UK or Britain.

Membership of the EU and immigration are two of the most important issues just at the moment to most people in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, and these are what UKIP is concentrating on for that very reason. If people want to call them a one-trick pony, fine. If people want to accuse them of racism, fine (that word is losing its impact due to gross overuse, thankfully). If people want to accuse them of confusing the UK and Britain, fine.

Think big. Think about the things that really matter.

UKIP are a UK party. If certain parts of the UK don't like them, don't vote for them. I'm sure UKIP have supporters in all UK countries, even Scotland!

I think there are far more important issues than whether someone calls this nation the UK or Britain.

Membership of the EU and immigration are two of the most important issues just at the moment to most people in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland, and these are what UKIP is concentrating on for that very reason. If people want to call them a one-trick pony, fine. If people want to accuse them of racism, fine (that word is losing its impact due to gross overuse, thankfully). If people want to accuse them of confusing the UK and Britain, fine.

Think big. Think about the things that really matter.

But my hobby horses are like Russian dolls!

No, we'll not agree on this one I'm afraid .

I think it's important to know the name of the country you live in.

On a related note, one policy I do like is giving territories like Gibraltar an MP even though they are not in the UK. If George III did the same, then the UK might today include the USA.....

Don't forget the Greens don't have a track record either, it's not UKIP or the highway......

The Greens have more MPs and more party members than UKIP. And they have real policies!

Don't forget the Greens don't have a track record either, it's not UKIP or the highway......

The Greens have more MPs and more party members than UKIP. And they have real policies!

They might also suffer from being perceived as a one issue party.
You wont really look at their other policies if you are not interested in the Green bit

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Maybe, but the "green bit" is the most important issue facing the entire world today - bigger than EU membership, bigger than anyone's economy. It is going to be a bigger burden on our children than any of that stuff because governments are ignoring it.

When all the trees have been cut down,
when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,
when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
only then will you discover you cannot eat money....

Maybe, but the "green bit" is the most important issue facing the entire world today - bigger than EU membership, bigger than anyone's economy. It is going to be a bigger burden on our children than any of that stuff because governments are ignoring it.

That's true green issues are only being addressed by some of the World's countries not all of them. Our government's answer to green issues is to fine people which in their eyes makes it ok.

Oh no. You've seen through that nasty UKIP's real policies:

Widespread deforestation, legalised hunting of all animals, free pollution of water and air, and all with the aim of destroying the planet so that nothing but cockroaches can survive.

I should add that they also intend to pull down all those picturesque windmills.

I think it's important to know the name of the country you live in.

Just a bloody shame a lot of these migrants still believe they're living back in their home country. Or at least trying to turn this island into their home country. ;) ;)

• Thanks
micilin wrote.....
"I think it's important to know the name of the country you live in."

I live in the UK.
If Nigel Farage becomes prime minister that means I'll be governed by him.

What he offers is what no one else is offering.
The chance to get out off the eu. All the other parties are pro eu. No such "chance" will ever come by them.
We'll be one step ahead because its gonna fail anyrode. Just a matter of time.

Then we can go back to doing what we do best. Exporting and importing out across the globe without restrictions from a bunch of over paid cronies sitting in Brussels.

Ooh and we get our rightful fishing waters back to which we lose billions every year and we can bomb any foreign fishing vessel that doesn't comply with orders to "get out".
Ireland alone has indirectly contributed €200+ billion in fish resources to the EU.
(source for this figure - Dr Karen Devine)

The CAP?
We should have no part in it.

Google wrote..
"The European Union makes a point of selling its extra produce - rice, milk powder, cereal, potatoes and so on - to poorer countries. All too often, it undercuts local producers, causing real hunger and entrenching dependency. This is Europe's Common Agricultural Policy, and it is a disgrace. If we really want to tackle poverty around the world, we should join Sweden in calling for its abolition."

Money taken from taxpayers and given to already wealthy farmers.
Madness!

We do work on a 300 cow dairy farm (among others) and the owners yearly payment is £100k.
He was about to start a £200k building project but land beside him went up for sale. He paid £360k for the extra land.
We've been doing his construction work now for the last 20 years. The large project is still in the pipeline.
Yes I'm the turkey who votes for xmas.

• Thanks
hey!

Have a look at how many "views" this post has had

Incredible?

Who said Politics is boring?

Ken

Sponsored Links
Back