Who does best marine ply, cuts and delivers?

Sponsored Links
Marine ply is is often a misquotation. The real stuff isn't much used in construction because it is too expensive. Most trade outlets selling sheet stock be it MDF, chipboard or plywood won't cut it and only deliver free in bulk.

Would help if you could state an approximate quantity, thicknesses, the purpose it is required for (e.g flooring for a sub floor) and your location. I know two suppliers in my area who can deliver (at a price on orders under £500), who offer a beam saw cutting service as well CNC cutting and one even offers edge banding - but they would be NBG for you if you are in Birmingham, 100 odd miles away

It's to repair my trailer. The guy I bought it off used poor quality ply and it's delaminating and rotten. I want to sell it and need to replace the boards first. Not in Birmingham unfortunately. I'd go and get it, but shielding for health reasons. Safer for me to have it delivered. Also thought it would save me the hassle if it was cut to size.

Im not in Brum either - I'm in the Pennines - and you still haven't told us what part of the country you are in. What you need sounds like a WBP exterior grade hardwood ply - just avoid Chinese

Sponsored Links
Should read more carefully:whistle: North Lincs, Hull just across the river, Scunny down the road.

As said PROPER marine ply is expensive and rubbish builders who are building rubbish these days out of rubbish wont pay the prices therefore builders merchants wont stock it. Phenolic is also rubbish unless you can get genuine Buffalo board which is also very expensive. WBP, which is what suppliers tell you is just as good as marine ply, isn't. I have a boat and I bought some "outside grade WBP for the engine cover. It was painted and the edges were sealed but it started to delaminate within 6 months. Similarly with some "phenolic" that I bought from an Ebay supplier declaring it to be Buffalo board which it wasn't. I suppose if you are just replacing then trailer board to get rid of the trailer then any problems will be passed over to the buyer so it wont matter from your point of view. But if you can go for genuine marine play or GENUINE buffalo board. Anything else will not last more than a few months. Also, again as said, avoid anything made in china like the plague.

and it's delaminating and rotten

Happens with any plywood if the sawn edges are not sealed.
Invoices for bale's of plywood we use all state than any warranty is void if the sawn edges are not protected.

Last edited:
You might find that a guy who does little chippy jobs would be happy to add your order to his next trip to the timber merchant and cut it for you (if you paid him)

If you're selling it you may not need to go nuts on quality

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back