Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Ken Dodd (subs. Boris Johnson)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Hammond

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sponsored Links
I see the Queens Speech is to be delayed.
I cannot think why. There is very little to go in it. I could write it:
"My Government will seek to provide a strong and stable government for the next five years. Whether they will actually succeed in doing so for the next five days remains to be seen".

That is it. Done!

I hear they're going to take out foxhunting, dementia tax, and cutting pensioners' winter fuel allowance.

Or to put it another way, the manifesto they campaigned on is not what they are going to do.

Sky news just reported that the delay is because of how long the vellum the speech is carved on takes a week to dry! Every day's a school day eh?

Sponsored Links
Did they not expect a Queen's Speech several days after the election?

All the real changes, e.g. extra spending in NI at the cost to the rUK will not be in the Speech. It will be discussed in backrooms "over beer and sandwiches".

Of course, the Speech could have something along the lines of:
"My government will seek to destabilise the peace process in NI by aligning themselves to one of the competing parties in NI, and removing themselves from the neutral stance that they should be retaining."

It will probably get sorted by the August General Election, or the October one.

August will be more Conservative-friendly, as a lot of the young voters will be away. They will be back by the million in October. The electorate will be enraged by the torrent of stupid tory elections.

I wonder if it is true that one of the requests from the DUP is that one of the brexit negotiators should be a certain N Farage?.. Now, wouldn't that be interesting?

I wonder if it is true that one of the requests from the DUP is that one of the brexit negotiators should be a certain N Farage?.. Now, wouldn't that be interesting?
Your wonderings are more wanderings than anything else.
Farage wants a hard Brexit (even a 'No Deal' Brexit) DUP want a very soft Brexit. Do not forget NI voted to remain.
Ruth Davidson would be a better choice for them, but from all their negotiations over the years in Stormont, I am sure they are well endowed with skilled and experienced negotiators.

I would like Jacob Rees Mogg to have a go.
He's a Catholic, and whilst not an absolute bar, it causes huge problems. Sajid Javid (sp) is a name I'm hearing...
According to Wikipedia,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sajid_Javid
"He has previously said that his family's heritage is Muslim, but that he does not practise any religion, although he believes that "we should recognise that Christianity is the religion of our country" he does not practice any religion,"
and whilst not an absolute bar, it causes huge problems.

Sounds good to me; perhaps it should be a prerequisite for all in future.

It will probably get sorted by the August General Election, or the October one.

August will be more Conservative-friendly, as a lot of the young voters will be away. They will be back by the million in October. The electorate will be enraged by the torrent of stupid tory elections.
All those students realised there was nothing about voting to fear. Turns out all they had to do was sign their name in a box on a sheet of paper.

Turns out all they had to do was sign their name in a box on a sheet of paper.
Not quite.
They had to chose between a bunch of lying two faced ****s or Labour. Seems the young are bucking the RWR trend too. Your ship is sinking RWR. All the young need do is bide their time. Time will deal with the old fascists sooner rather than later.

Your wonderings are more wanderings than anything else.
Farage wants a hard Brexit (even a 'No Deal' Brexit) DUP want a very soft Brexit. Do not forget NI voted to remain.
Ruth Davidson would be a better choice for them, but from all their negotiations over the years in Stormont, I am sure they are well endowed with skilled and experienced negotiators.
Really? Have you asked the DUP what kind of brexit they want? Seems to me that they want it nice and hard so they can stuff it up sinn fein...

Sponsored Links
Back