Whole House boiler installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just been supplied a quote from a Worcester approved installer for £7300 Inc Vat for the following...

• To supply and install a new Worcester Bosch 40 CDI regular condensing boiler (energy efficiency grade A appliance) to garage, complete with all pipework.
• Supply and install Worcester 250L unvented cylinder complete with expansion vessel and water control pack.
• Supply and install heating expansion vessel, pump and zone valves.
• Supply and install zone valve to supply U.F.H, connect heating loops into manifold and commission. (UFH to be supplied by client)
• No allowance for electrics or supply of controls.
• Install condensate waste into external waste.
• Supply and install radiators and valves to bedrooms and supply feeds into bathrooms.
• Supply hot and cold pipework into kitchen and bathrooms.
• Flush out heating system and add inhibitor.
• Commission new boiler as per boiler manufacturer’s recommendations.
• Supply and install Worcester system filter.

It's a 5 bedroom house with 3 bathrooms.

As an approved installer it comes with 9 years parts and laborl warranty on the boiler and 25 years on the cylinder.

Is this a reasonable quote for what is required?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
No allowance for electrics or supply of controls :?:
Impossible question to answer blind, get other quotes.

Sponsored Links
gypsy1-300x229.jpg

Surely controls have to be supplied under boiler+ ...?

Edit: unless he insists you have them and is asking you to choose your own and he’ll install..?

Last edited:
Worcester 40cdi.... Sledge hammer to crack a walnut.

Over sized.... Under flow volume.....

It'll be split on the heat exchanger within 24 months.

Sounds like you need to get a install guru in who can explain heat loss. Energy efficiency. 21st century control.

Thanks guys, I realise it's a "how long is a piece of string" question, yet thought I'd get at least a ball park understanding. It's for all intents and purpose a new build so everything a black canvas and easy to install all piping etc.

I've had another guy out tonight anyway that does baxi as valiant so I'll see what he comes back with and compare.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back