Whole house pump :- How does this layout look?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right kinda carrying on from o another thread (//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=138425&highlight=) decided to attempt to install a whole house pump myself as Im currently unable to find a pumper who is willing to do it without trying to sell me a megaflow/don’t think can be done.

I had a plumber I found around off the iphe website and he is quoting around £2100 to have a unvented cylinder put in.

Although the idea of no noise at all is appealing im quite confident I will be able to quite the pump down using various methods found on this forum. Also know pumps don’t last for ever but if I have to change the pump in say 5 years time it will still be only £200 odd.

Anyway back to the main topic, here is my super armature paint diagram of what im thinking of doing with the pipe work

housepumpsetupgx3.png

I welcome any comments………..pump will be a Salamander RHP 75

Sponsored Links
I can honestly say I wouldn't do it like that and expect a good job

Use an Essex flange.

Whats the hight of the storage tank above the pump.

What volume is the stored water

Doesn't look good

lol good start :)

Cold storage is a 100 gallon tank. The cold tank is about a meter + half above where the pump will be (cold tank on a raised platform)

Only reason i looked at a surrey as it was a simple swap around, have looked at the techflange as well

Sponsored Links
Essex or Techflange is good.

You want to avoid the wc being on the pump where possible.

Simple is good but not the best way to install it.

I would recommend that you make provision for the pump breaking down and connect directly to the DHW before the pump using a gate valve to isolate this branch in pipework.

Then if the pump does knacker at least you have a way of getting some hot water even if it is at a reduced flow rate.

Surrey are a bit of a pain to install, but i would use a Warix.

I would recommend that you make provision for the pump breaking down and connect directly to the DHW before the pump using a gate valve to isolate this branch in pipework.

Then if the pump does knacker at least you have a way of getting some hot water even if it is at a reduced flow rate.

Surrey are a bit of a pain to install, but i would use a Warix.

Restricts the flow too much, especially on an whole house pump.

toilets are all mains feed so thats ok, i will put a non return value on the washing machine feed.

If pump does pack up one day (they do last a while) im 99% sure that you will still get hot water just not at pressure

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back