Who's enjoying it so far.

I've never heard that with strawberries!
Shame over your raspberries, should've stuck with it. I put in 2 raspberry canes in 3 years ago and it only took a year for them to establish well. Now there's so so many every summer I don't know what to do with them. There's only so much jam needed in the house..! I think if you'd stuck with it, you'd have been ok.

When we took it over, we inherited about 9 mature raspberry bushes. Trouble is they keep sending up suckers all over the rest of the plot. The fruit was plentiful but I always feasted on them when I was over there and never got around to taking them home. They are making way for leeks, onions and garlic this year. The lady on the next plot to us grows nothing but fruit - strawberries, blackberries, blackcurrants, raspberries and gooseberries. She turns them all into jam and sells it to raise funds for a local charity on behalf of her grandson who they lost at a young age.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Well, a week into self isolation and it's very upsetting for me to witness my wife standing at the living room window staring aimlessly into space, with tears running down her cheeks. It breaks my heart to see her like this. I've thought very hard about how I can cheer her up. I've even considered letting her come in, but rules are rules!

Sponsored Links
Well, a week into self isolation and it's very upsetting for me to witness my wife standing at the living room window staring aimlessly into space, with tears running down her cheeks. It breaks my heart to see her like this. I've thought very hard about how I can cheer her up. I've even considered letting her come in, but rules are rules!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Back