Who's in the wrong?

masona said:
Not heard of marine chipboard before, I'm still learning, anybody?
I'm thinking green chipboard, slightly water-resistant.

Sponsored Links
your all talking sh*te ... shameful...:(

unless you are a pro tiler DONT ANSWER , racist rants etc ...here OK !!!!!

the Master is here an will answer this .. CORRECTLY !!! HMMMmm

pablo55
1st of all
you wanted a bathroom floor laying , you have a substandard (crap)floor any pro tiler will tell you that .. an Im SURE they did...
til "europa eddie" turned up ,
you instead of asking for past work photos referenences an ring people up , etc , he would*Bish Bosh * it on that dodgy floor ...
you went out told them it was ply /sneaky like ...
you gave "europa eddie" the mudmix he laid ....
two weeks later it .....comes up

unless the substrate is 100% PLYWOOD

you cant do the mudmix guys or shop that sells you it .... FACT ....

the guy who laid it isnt responsible, its the owner .
as you main manager on site .. your house, you told him, to lay it ...
if you try to sue.....lol ( be prepared for homelessness ,lol )

Ive read on a few Pro tilers forums
we have had hundreds of "Bad Customers " being counter sued for double ..lol ...

Scum want you to fit rubbish an "even sign ok" then try to sue when it all comes up ...

Not many home owners know what you can and can't tile onto. The tiler should have advised her that the flooring wasn't really suitable in the first place. Sure they'd have had better luck with flexible gear but if the "euro eddie" (lol by the way) can't read english then it's down to the owner to read the packaging for the word "flexible". Having said that, I don't believe for a minute that a pro tiler (German or English) can't spot the word "flexible" (the translation in German is "flexibel") on a pack of adhesive. What it sounds like to me is that the tiler needed the work and just wanted to get the tiles down and get paid.

I hestitate to blame the tiler

pablo55 said:
... he explicitly told me to get flexible adhesive for a wooden floor. I went to a well-known DIY chain and asked for this type of adhesive, which they gave me. Got back, the tiler who was foreign and not knowing all the adhesive brands here in UK, asked me twice was I sure that adhesive was flexible and for wooden floor. Based on the advice I had received in the store, told him yes.

"I must have flexible adhesive, Mr English"

"This is the stuff, Karl"

"Is it flexible for this kind of wooden floor?"

"Yes, I asked the experts at B&Q, and they know best."

"Are you sure, Mr English? It don't look right to me"

"yes, yes, yes, that's the right stuff. Now get on with it."

"OK, Mr English, if you say so, you're the boss"

Sponsored Links
Few things:

Joe-90 - what a load of crap. By the way, I'm Irish - any other racist stuff you want everyone to ignore?And guess what, I actually live in Ireland, and no, Warsaw isn't in Ireland.

References checked out - photos etc.

Never pretended anything other than chipboard - in fact adhesive has a big picture on the front saying it is suitable.

Check out the Sale of Goods Act - fault not at my end. If I was given advice or told that the product was for a particular purpose and it isn't (which I was), then the fault is with the person or company that told me that and sold me the product.

pablo55 said:
d) he queried twice whether the adhesive was flexible, and based on the advice I was given by the store, I reassured him that it was
Why could he not just look at the tub/bag and work it out for himself?

f) having looked into the sale of goods act, it is the store who is at fault, not me or the tiler as I was sold the product on the basis that it was for a particular purpose (flexible) which it isn't.
That's ridiculous - flexible adhesives have written on the packaging the word "flexible", whereas non-flexible ones don't.

Gcol
joking aside here ... would you have "euro eddie" working at your house an if the job fails think any comeback on him/dodgy euro or gear manufacteurs ...?
seriously ... you got micky mouse in an he used substandard gear ..

pablo55
you got a cowboy in an got what you paid for a cheap an cheerful job (but Nasty !)
boo hoo ...boo hoo .....
accept it .....................an move on ........
learn the lesson ...
pay peanuts for a job get monkeys an said result ..

btw if you WANT to argue you aint been stupid/naive , give specs here an what euro eddie charged /job total price an I will give you a review ...Imho ... I would leave it now ...;)

pablo55 said:
Few things:

Joe-90 - what a load of rubbish. By the way, I'm Irish - any other racist stuff you want everyone to ignore?And guess what, I actually live in Ireland, and no, Warsaw isn't in Ireland.

References checked out - photos etc.

Never pretended anything other than chipboard - in fact adhesive has a big picture on the front saying it is suitable.

Check out the Sale of Goods Act - fault not at my end. If I was given advice or told that the product was for a particular purpose and it isn't (which I was), then the fault is with the person or company that told me that and sold me the product.

If you can't read the instructions (never mind follow them ) then it's all your fault. The giveaway is that the Pole couldn't even afford to buy the tile adhesive. What did you pay him? £25 a day is the going rate.

You got what you paid for - live with it.

joe
where do you live ... ?
london prices

its 20 in manc land .........lol
an not worth throwing your money away for ....

had some Euro Eddies on a start with my firm last year ,basic rates .. proper good rates £19hr an were Rubbish very lazy an bad tidying /cleaning up :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back