Who's job is it....?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm new here and hoping someone can give me some advice.
I'm a letting agent and one of my properties has a conservatory with a flue going through the roof. The roof had been leaking around the box on top of the flue and the landlord has just paid £1000 to have the roof repaired but it still leaks around the box on top of the conservatory panel where the flue goes through.
The repair folks are saying that they can't touch anywhere near the box due to gas regulations and that it should be the gas engineer's job. The gas engineer says he's not a conservatory repair man and wouldn't know what to do.
Is there any reason or regulations why the conservatory repair guys can't touch the roof panel with the box on top? Can they just turn the boiler off when they remove the panel, re-fit it and seal it, it that's all it takes?
It has taken ages to find a company willing to repair something they didn't install and now that it is still leaking both tenant and landlord are starting to jump up and down.
I'm no expert in either field so any advice would be appreciated!!

Attachments

• 44641858_317080849087526_6929550280325332992_n.jpg
    44641858_317080849087526_6929550280325332992_n.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 125
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back