Why can’t I connect this hose to pressure washer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
60592DA0-FB0D-4DA6-9CA1-3053570F28CB.jpeg
So I went into the shed today to find my gun hose detached from my Karcher pressure washer. Please note that this hose attaches to the left screw in on the unit in the pic and not the black fitting on right.

half an hour of trying to figure out how to fit it back on and still no joy. I suspect there is a part missing but can’t find it.

If there is a part missing can someone point me towards it so I can buy a new one. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Nothing missing there but the threads are in a bit of a state.....wire brush the machine stub, apply some red rubber grease to the threads and 'O' ring and all should tighten up. Press the fitting in firmly before turning the lance pipe nut.
John :)

Nothing missing there but the threads are in a bit of a state.....wire brush the machine stub, apply some red rubber grease to the threads and 'O' ring and all should tighten up. Press the fitting in firmly before turning the lance pipe nut.
John :)
Ok thanks mate will give it a bash

Sponsored Links
Karcher have modified the pressure hose and lance. An adapter now screws on to the machine, and the hose "clicks" into the adapter at the washer end and into the new lance at the gun end. I did see this updated kit in B&Q for £36, the cheapest I have seen it anywhere, including Amazon. https://www.diy.com/departments/karcher-hk-7-5-replacement-hose-hand-gun/136805_BQ.prd
HTH

Yeah, the lance on our 5 series Karcher became faulty so he had to go down the new push fit route. I wonder if they made the change because their tech support were fed up with having to tell punters to release the pressure prior to unscrewing the hose from the unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back