Why could I have no mains pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I live in a first floor maisonette, and our kitchen tap is fed from the mains which comes up from the flat below. Recently the pressure went, slowly getting worse and worse, and sometimes we turn the tap on and there's nothing, other times it trickles enough to use it. I'm trying to establish what the problem could be.

I went downstairs and there are no taps or stopvalves between their kitchen tap supply and ours, and their pressure is very good. Another thing I looked at was the supply to our main tank and feeder tank in the loft. It looks like the mains supply feeds the tanks, and I assume that would be the same supply as to the tap in the kitchen? Well this one seems fine, so if it is the same feed then that would indicate possibly a problem actually with the kitchen tap itself? That seems unlikely though as it was fitted 3 years ago.

I'd appreciate any advice on what to check for next!

Sponsored Links
NBee said:
Hi.

I live in a first floor maisonette, and our kitchen tap is fed from the mains which comes up from the flat below.
I went downstairs and there are no taps or stopvalves between their kitchen tap supply and ours, and their pressure is very good. Another thing I looked at was the supply to our main tank and feeder tank in the loft. It looks like the mains supply feeds the tanks, and I assume that would be the same supply as to the tap in the kitchen?.......YES.......... that would indicate possibly a problem actually with the kitchen tap itself? That seems unlikely though as it was fitted 3 years ago.......... BUT made in Europe/China :?: Not unlikely.........VERY Likely :cry: That`s where to look next...@ the tap
Bristan are a good quality make ;)

Nige F said:
NBee said:
Hi.

I live in a first floor maisonette, and our kitchen tap is fed from the mains which comes up from the flat below.
I went downstairs and there are no taps or stopvalves between their kitchen tap supply and ours, and their pressure is very good. Another thing I looked at was the supply to our main tank and feeder tank in the loft. It looks like the mains supply feeds the tanks, and I assume that would be the same supply as to the tap in the kitchen?.......YES.......... that would indicate possibly a problem actually with the kitchen tap itself? That seems unlikely though as it was fitted 3 years ago.......... BUT made in Europe/China :?: Not unlikely.........VERY Likely :cry: That`s where to look next...@ the tap

Thanks for the reply Nige - the tap was a chrome mixer tap, and I have to say it was remarkably cheap compared with some on the market... less than £30 I seem to remember. So that's what I'll look at next...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back