Why does the freeze setting come on in warm weather?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Intergas Combi boiler and it was fitted a few months ago. After a few teething problems with vibrating TRV's etc it was fine. However, we have been noticing that even though the heating is set to off as its warm at the moment that the boiler keeps firing up for about 10 seconds.
Last night I noticed that it fired up around every 15 minutes for around 10 seconds on setting 3 (ventilation) and 7 (freezer setting).
Now, I was under the impression that the freezer setting only comes on if it gets below 5 degrees - according to the manual - but last night it was very mild outside and definitely not below 5 degrees. Also, at around 3am I was woken with the sound of the heating pipes bubbling as if the heaters were coming on, this last for around a minute and then it went off and the heater was slightly warm?
I also read that it may be doing this to keep a small amount of water at 70 degrees but this is a setting that can be turned off, is this true as not only is the noise annoying constantly throughout the night but also surely its a waste of gas?
Any help would be great as hopefully I can then contact the plumber who fitted it and if anything needs doing he can help but i don't want to bother him unless something needs doing as he isn't the friendliest of people!!!

Sponsored Links
Turn the leds for the hot water comfort off ( the tap icon)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back