vSmart "ghost" setting !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My problem with a “ghost” setting on my central heating system.
I have a Valliant Combi boiler, with the eRelax/vSmart Thermostat. I have the App on my phone, as does my wife, and on an iPad.
I have the timings for the Heating coming on at 8am to 9am, and 6pm to 10pm, seven days a week. The heat is set to 20 degrees on all days. Nevertheless the heating comes on each night around 9.00 pm at 21. 5 degrees, as though it is a manual set point.
I have uninstalled the App on all devices, and reinstalled, but the problem is still occurring.
The Advanced Settings are ….
Default Duration of Manual Setpoints … 1 hour 0 mins

Force a Temp Offset 0.0 degs C
Heating Algorithm Advanced
More Info
Minimal heating time 2 mins
Heating Prediction Yes
Your type of heating Radiators
Heating Curve 2.5
Domestic Hot Water 50 degrees C
In the Timer section, it is set to Default
The At Home is set to 20 degrees and is set to ON The Night is set to 15 degrees and is OFF
The Away is also set to 15 degrees and is also OFF
The System Mode is set to WINTER
As I have said previously, I have a “Ghost” heating period that comes on at 21.5 degrees at 2100 hrs for one hour, each night.
When I look in the App at that time, it shows what appears to be a Manual Setpoint has been set, but neither my wife or me have pressed any buttons !
The past two nights the heating has kicked in at 21.5 degrees.

I hope you can sort this out for us, as we are getting rather warm !!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I'm confused , are you still using the central heating in the middle of summer and you are saying that the heating comes on at 9pm even though you have set it not to go off till 10pm?

Or are you saying you have turned the heating off yet it still comes on at 9pm?

Why is the heating mode set to winter when it's summer?

Have you considered emailing valiant on how to change this setting? They would be the ones to ask

Sponsored Links
I'm confused , are you still using the central heating in the middle of summer and you are saying that the heating comes on at 9pm even though you have set it not to go off till 10pm?

Or are you saying you have turned the heating off yet it still comes on at 9pm?

Why is the heating mode set to winter when it's summer?

Sorry, it is set to WINTER, it comes on at 9pm as a "ghost" heating period for 1 hour, the period , and I have NOT set that !

So have you tried turning it to summer setting?

Have you buried and dug through the app to see if you can remove or change this manual set point?

So have you tried turning it to summer setting?

Have you buried and dug through the app to see if you can remove or change this manual set point?

I can't find any manual setpoint !!
I've uninstalled the App on 3 devices and reinstalled. But still the same. I've changed the minimum time for a manual setpoint to 5 mins, and it comes on for just 5 mins. There is no setpoint set (that I can find !!)
The next thing is to uninstall on all devices , and install one only ONE device

I changed, at Valliants suggestion, the Manual Setpoint from one hour to 5 minutes, and it still fires up at 2100 hrs for 5 mins. Now, at Valiaints suggestion, deleting App of 3 devices, and reinstall on only one, and a password change ! Watch this space !!

I have now eliminated all causes and found that the problem is in the vSmart Skill. Has anyone any ideas why the skill should be turning the heating on at 21.5 degrees for 1 hour.
I can't find any settings in the Skill !

All the above is why I install boiler controls as simple as possible.

"Advanced" functionality not always better!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back