Why is my boiler leaking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler boffins, why is there a very slow drip coming from this location on my Main Combi Eco 30?
CIMG1400.JPG

Sponsored Links
Yep, leak from above - time to call someone out as you're not allowed to remove the cover to get access to it as that is part of the Gas Safe only bit

Urg. I knew this would happen after I had someone move a radiator! (OK probably unrelated but I can whinge can't I?)

Sponsored Links
When the payer chose a cheaper contract style boiler they should have been advised that it may not be as reliable as a more expensive boiler.

It is my view that the design of the water seals on that model are a seriously poor design.

I had to replace some recently for a landlord and I was not really expecting the seals to hold but they did. I tiptoed out!

Looking again I think the offending area is connected to the expansion vessel. I have reduced the pressure and it has slowed the drip to almost nothing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back