Chaffoteaux MX2 30FF water leaking from gas valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
bit of a strange one, been trying to trace a water leak in my boiler, after carefully looking i have located water seeping from the side of the gas valve, is there a water connection to the gas valve on these boilers?

just found the service instructions and there is no water connected to it anywhere, there is definitely a leak from the side of the casing, seems worse after the boilers been running then gradually slows to a slow drip, so where could the water be coming from?

Sponsored Links
Hiya Paul

I realise you posted this nearly a year ago, but I have what sounds like the same problem.

I have a Worcester wr325 boiler (water only, no heating) which leaks from near the base of the gas valve assembly (which sits above the water valve assembly)

My leak appears to come from an opening in the side of the gas valve assembly, and drips about once every 30 to 60 seconds.

Did you find any solution to the problem?
Does anyone else have any information on this at all?

Hiya Paul

I realise you posted this nearly a year ago, but I have what sounds like the same problem.

I have a Worcester wr325 boiler (water only, no heating) which leaks from near the base of the gas valve assembly (which sits above the water valve assembly)

My leak appears to come from an opening in the side of the gas valve assembly, and drips about once every 30 to 60 seconds.

Did you find any solution to the problem?
Does anyone else have any information on this at all?
On yours the set up is quite different, and you do have water flow that is sensed and the sensing acts on the gas valve thro a rod so the water and gas are fairly close together on your water heater.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back